Cron issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Luca12, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Luca12

Luca12 New Member

I've a strange issue related to the cron task with ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (Xenial Xerus) server

Actually if I setup a cron command through Ispconfig panel
    Code:
    cd /data/www/clients/client1/xxxxx/web && /usr/bin/php bin/console --env=prod dizda:backup:start
    Nothing works. And if I choose to save the output to log nothing happens.

If I add it to the crontab using crontab -e it works perfectly
    Code:
    */2 * * * * cd /data/www/clients/client1/xxxxx/web && /usr/bin/php bin/console --env=prod dizda:backup:start
    But in general I always have issues with crontab set up from ispconfig panel.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you setup a jailed cronjob and not a full cron and in a jail, you can not access paths or applications outside of the jail. This is probably the reason for all your cron problems, if you want to create a full cronjob, then you must allow full cron for this client before you create the cronjob and when you create a jailed cron, then you must ensure that your paths are relative to the website root and called programs are inside the jail (website root directory).

3. Luca12

Luca12 New Member

Thank you for helping me, Till.
    I'm not an expert of this stuff unfortunately. So I tried to find some tutorial on google but I couldn't.
    Since I take care of all the websites through ispconfig, it would be easier to setup a full cronjob for all the websites. How can I do it and how can I make it as default configuration ?

Thank you again