Cron Job problem (CRON) error (grandchild failed with exit status 53)

Discussion in 'General' started by lonerunner, Mar 26, 2015.

1. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

I have a problem running a cronjob, i get an error when i check in my syslog as below:

/USR/SBIN/CRON[10584]: (web30) CMD (/opt/phpfcgi-5.4.12/bin/php /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/clients/artisan ninja:send-invoices #domain.name)
    /USR/SBIN/CRON[10581]: (CRON) error (grandchild #10584 failed with exit status 53)
    First of all i have 5.3 php version installed with my ispconfig server, but as the website is on laravel framework i had to initially install newer version of php. So 5.4 is additional version and it's selectable through the control panel. So far i didn't noticed any errors running the website on this version.

Now i have setup a cron job in ispconfig control panel, but as users are not allowed to run cron jobs i have set up a cron job as an administrator, and the cronjob command is exactly as in logs above. I also see that command is executed as an user.

When i look in cron.d i see ispc_chrooted_web30 file with following command.

MAILTO=''
    SHELL='/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh'

* * * * * web30 /opt/phpfcgi-5.4.12/bin/php /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/clients/artisan ninja:send-invoices #domain.name​

And when i try to execute command in terminal it works fine, i tried with both, root and web30 user, and command works fine and gets executed.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

you have to create this as full cron, ot chrooted cron. The chroot limits the cronjob to this website, but your php 5.4 is isntalled in opt (outside of the website), so cron cant access it and must fail.

3. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

Ok so i have to create it "manually" outside ispconfig. But if problem of fail is because php 5.4 is installed in /opt folder this means that it would fail also if i use php 5.3 that i had previously installed because it's installed in /etc folder, but it doesn't. With php 5.3 the cron job doesn't fail, although for that i can just use "php /var/www/clients/client11/web30/web/clients/artisan ninja:send-invoices" command. But that makes a problem with laravel because it doesn't work with php 5.3.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. You can create it from inside ispconfig. Yu just have to enable full cron for this cronjob instead of jailed cron.

lonerunner likes this.
  5. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

Alright i think i got it, I just enable full cron option in user account settings. it works now.