Cron nightly backups failed

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by RubenG, Oct 10, 2020.

1. RubenG

RubenG New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    One of our ispconfig servers stops their cron backups about two monts ago.
    This was after a yum update and a upgrade of their mariadb database to the last version. On the same days we add an aditional server to the pool.
    Shymptoms are very similar to this thread
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/web-backups-not-running-with-cron.82034/
    Running from command line whit this code, backups are created.
    Code:
    php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php
    Crontab config:
    Code:
     server]# crontab -l
    17 17 * * * /usr/bin/certbot renew --quiet

# Aditional Database backup dump
    15 3 * * * /root/scripts/backup_mysql.sh  > /backup/errores-mysqldump.txt 2>&1

* * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    0 0 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/create_daily_nginx_access_logs.sh &> /dev/null

I can't found any error on logs.

Any advice will be wellcome.
    Thanks

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. RubenG

Sorry, you are right.
    IspConfig Version 3.1.14p2
    OS CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908
    Apache httpd-2.4.6-90.el7.centos.x86_64
    MariaDB-server-10.4.13-1.el7 (May be it was in 10.2 before)
    Server was running for about 4 years. Now All is running except nightly backups. I have a cron task to dump the Mariadb databases and is running fine.
    I've tried the more obvious task, as stop crontab jobs and run the server.sh script manually. No error at all.

htf_report hangs with this output, probably because I have a complex network config with 4 IPs
    Code:
    # cat htf_report.txt

##### SERVER #####
    IP-address (as per hostname): ***.***.***.***
    [WARN] could not determine server's ip address by ifconfig
    My ifcfg.
    Code:
    # cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eno16780032
    TYPE="Ethernet"
    BOOTPROTO="none"
    DEFROUTE="yes"
    IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL="no"
    IPV6INIT="no"
    IPV6_AUTOCONF="yes"
    IPV6_DEFROUTE="yes"
    IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL="no"
    NAME="eth0"
    UUID="jkhkjhkjhkhkhjhkjkhjkkjh6"
    DEVICE="eno16780032"
    ONBOOT="yes"
    DNS1="x.x.x.x"
    DNS2="x.x.x.x"
    IPV6_PEERDNS="yes"
    IPV6_PEERROUTES="yes"
    IPV6_PRIVACY="no"
    IPADDR1=x.x.x.96
    PREFIX1=24
    IPADDR2=x.x.x.95
    PREFIX2=24
    IPADDR=x.x.x.97
    PREFIX=24
    IPADDR3=x.x.x.94
    PREFIX3=24
    GATEWAY=x.x.x.254

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Changed database version may be the culprit. I do not know if ISPConfig supports that new database version on CentOS 7.
    ISPConfig version is not the current. While it may not help with the database version, updating with force reconfigure services is worth trying. Unless you have a reason to stay with that older ISPConfig.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

MariaDB 10.4 is not supported yet and you'll probably not be able to add new databases in ISPConfig anymore plus you'll probably get various other errors when using it. But it's most likely not the reason for your backup issue as you say that it works when you run the backup plugin manually. Please take a look at the dbispconfig database with phpmyadmin, there is a database table sys_cron, please delete all records from that table that have the word backup in their name. Then wait 24 hours to see if the backup gets created again then.

6. RubenG

Hi Till
    As I could check, all is running ok in this server, except cron backups. I have created new databases without any problem, nor seen any colateral efect nor errors on logs. My need to update was because some of the webs need this late version of MariaDB ( late version of Moodle as example).
    I will check the table sys_cron as you say.

EDIT:
    I see this entry in database, the last "1" reflect this as a active task. There appears as the backup job on 12-08-2020 does not finish correctly.
    Code:
    cronjob_backup     2020-08-11 00:32:33 2020-08-12 00:15:00     1
    I see too a entry for "cronjob_monitor_rkhunter" task, with the same old date
    Code:
    cronjob_monitor_rkhunter 2020-08-11 00:00:10 2020-08-12 00:00:00 1 
    The rest of cron entries in this table have actual dates.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  7. RubenG

As a try to understand how this stuff is running, I have changed the "running" value from "1" to "0" in the database.
    After a few minutes, the database was updated by the cron jobs to a correct date value
    Code:
    cronjob_backup     2020-10-11 12:14:01     2020-10-12 00:15:00     0
    I think my issue is solved. Tomorrow I will check again and post results here.
    Thanks a lot.

Gwyneth Llewelyn likes this.
  8. RubenG

I could confirm that my problem is solved. Yesterday all backups where completed.
    I will program a Ispconfig version update for this server.
    Thanks