cron problem

Discussion in 'General' started by morraine, Sep 21, 2011.

1. morraine

morraine New Member

Hi when i view my /var/log/syslog over SSH it is telling me that its running this cron :
    (/var/www/clients/client1/web2/cd /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/qweiugbzsq86ts2po/sugar2; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1)

but i have deleted this cron from ispconfig yesterday but it seams to be still running it even though its nowhere to be seen in ispconfig or the cron tab
    where could i view this if its not in ispconfig and how do i repair this problem

also on a side note how do you setup ispconfig to run a cron every 5 minutes?
    Thank you

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

is this a legitimate cron job? Maybe you might inspect it? At least from my perspective it looks a bit strange. So maybe sb broke in your server, so you should check what kind of applications / script are running for web2.

You might also check rkhunter (rootkit.nl).

Regarding running a cronjob every five minutes, set the minute portion to */5 everything else to *
    e.g. */5 * * * * <command>

you should also consider using logwatch, as it would email you such kind of stuff on a daily basis.

3. morraine

morraine New Member

Hi its not a hacker that put that there. i had put that originally. I've got sugarcrm on my server i put it in a folder that was not at the top of my site and was hard for people who don't know its location to just get to.

i now realise that you don't setup crons like that in ispconfig so i deleted it from inside the control panel in ispconfig but i'm still getting this in the logs after i deleted it.

How can this be?