Cron questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Rescue9, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

I have a script that starts a game server on my site. When I ssh into the server and add it manually via crontab -e, the server starts fine. When I comment out that file and add it via the ISPConfig panel, I can't get it to start no matter what I try.

I have it added to the ISPConfig panel as such:
    Code:
    /var/www/clients/client5/web11/srcds_l/orangebox/egDodServerStart.sh

I noticed that it appears to be attempting to start via the syslog as noted by the following line:
    Code:
    Jul 16 17:56:01 alpha CRON[18175]: (web11) CMD (/srcds_l/orangebox/egDodServerStart.sh^I#forum.mysitehere.com)
    I figured that there might be an issue with the "^I#forum.mysitehere.com" might be messing things up so I added a space after my command, but it is still failing.

The log is also showing this in relation to that particular user:
    Code:
    Jul 16 18:21:01 alpha cron[2146]: (*system*ispc_chrooted_web11) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/ispc_chrooted_web11)
    So I checked out that file and it says
    Code:
    MAILTO=''
    SHELL='/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh'

50      *       *       *       *       web11   /srcds_l/orangebox/egDodServerStart.sh  #forum.mysitehere.com
    This is funny to me though. Jailkit isn't even installed on the system. When I reinstalled ISPCONFIG from scratch on a new server I didn't even put jailkit back. However, for some reason I still have
    Code:
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    24 May  3 15:07 jk_init.ini -> /etc/jailkit/jk_init.ini
    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root    27 May  3 15:07 jk_socketd.ini -> /etc/jailkit/jk_socketd.ini

I can only assume that these links are created by ISPConfig in some way.

So why is the shell setting to jk_chrootsh?

I'm at a loss on what to troubleshoot next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You enabled chrooting for the cronjob and most likely not all files required by your game server are inside the jail. If a cronjob is chrooted or not can be set in the cronjob settings after you allowed non chrooted cronjobs for this client in the client settings.

3. Rescue9

Rescue9 Member

Aaah. While I didn't have it set to chroot, I did have it set to URL for some reason in the template. As such, the results were definitely unexpected. In the end the command that worked for me was
    Code:
    srcds_l/orangebox/egDodServerStart.sh 

Now, my script is running a 'screen' that is housing the server start script. When the cron job executes, it saves the screen socket to /var/run/screen/S-web11. Because of this, I can't seem to connect to the screen from the shell user, as the shell user login isn't web11.

How would I be able to connect to the screen as the shell user?

Also, it would be nice to integrate a Mailto input box on the gui so the user can set a different mailto address for the job.