cronjob alternative php version

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ganewbie, Sep 8, 2021.

1. ganewbie

ganewbie Member HowtoForge Supporter

server (Debian Stretch) ISPConfig 3.1.15p3 Apache
    Followed the following procedure to install php7.1 and 7.2
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-php-5.6-and-7.1-on-debian-9-stretch/
    Now I have enabled php 7.2 from ISPconfig3 panel for a site and it works and shows version 7.2.
    I have the following cron that stopped working:
    Code:
    /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/clients/clientx/weby/private/crons/pop.php
    Code:
    root@server:~# ls -l /usr/bin/php
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Jan 16  2019 /usr/bin/php -> /etc/alternatives/php
    Code:
    root@server:~# ls -l /etc/alternatives/php
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Jan 18  2019 /etc/alternatives/php -> /usr/bin/php7.0
    I have tried
    Code:
    /usr/bin/php7.2 -q /var/www/clients/clientx/weby/private/crons/cron.php
    Never worked!
    How do I know the path to php so the cron can rn again?

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. atle

atle Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have an old frozen ispconfig install and iirc I did follow the same article. However, on my install php resides in /opt.
    My cron job looks like this
    /opt/php-5.6.30/bin/php -q /var/www/********/web/pipe/pop.php

Have look in /opt and see if the php binaries does not reside there. And run full cron, not jailed.

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

hmm, /crons/pop.php and /crons/crons.php, is this for whmcs by any chance?
    i found that the crons tended to stop working and needed recreating after whmcs updates, even when the php version didn't need changing. sometimes, needed switching from full to jailed crons to work, sometimes needed switching from jailed to full crons, recreating a jailed / full cron job as a new identically jailed / full cron job just wouldn't work.
    in the end i found just leaving them on url crons worked most reliably. might want to give that a try, you'll have to move the php cron scripts back into /web folder though, not leave them in the private folder.

ganewbie likes this.
  5. atle

Removing my reply, it did not any value, nhybgtvfr already said it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  6. ganewbie

ganewbie Member HowtoForge Supporter

@ahrasis
    Thanks for the quick response, When you say "remove that" What do you mean exactly?
    @atle Thanks for the quick feedback, it seems to be more correct than what I have tried before but I faced another issue.
    Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  The file /var/www/clients/client5/web4/private/crons/cron.php cannot be run by the ionCube Loader. Please ask the script provider to supply an encoded file that can run on your version of PHP, 7.0. in Unknown on line 0

Thanks to all

7. ahrasis

You followed tutorial that compiles php, which actually is making your life difficult, so you should remove that first before following the tutorial I mentioned.

8. atle

You need to install ioncube for your php. This is an excellent thread that explains how you can to it,

https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/ioncube-loader-script-for-multiple-php-versions.86061/

9. ahrasis

Oh, that is my sharing. Thank you.

atle likes this.