crontab doesn't show server.sh and cron.sh

Discussion in 'General' started by Husky110, May 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Husky110

Husky110 New Member

Hello,
    Like stated above, when I run crontab -e as root, or ispconfig-user it doesn't show the server.sh or cron.sh job. (Ubuntu 18.04)
    This is both on my master (web-server) and slave (mail-server).
    On the mail-server I've added them to the root-user, since the mail-server queues didn't wanna run, but not on the master. But the master still applies all stuff in the queue (the slave did yesterday, but today not until I added the jobs).
    Is this expected behavior or did I do something wrong?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

User ispconfig should not have permission to run crontab, at least on my Debian host it does not. So it is normal that user does not have crontab.
    But root crontab should show the server.sh and cron.sh jobs, maybe you removed them by mistake when using the crontab -e command (which is for editing crontab). If you just want to see what is in the, use crontab -l.
    If you assume nothing else on those hosts is messed up, you can just add the lines back to root user crontab yourself.
    Or force reconfigure services and crontab by using the update.php script from the ISPConfig installation package:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/forcing-ispconfig-upgrade.81756/#post-387447