crontab for website

Discussion in 'General' started by MisterRichard, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MisterRichard

MisterRichard Member

Hi All,
    I have a Centos 7 ISPconfig 3 installation.
    I have a realestate website that processes an XML upload using this script :
    0,30 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/clients/client50/web82/web/XML/feedsync/core/cron.php
    if I run the command on the command line the processing works.
    However when the above line (as copied from the crontab) is in cron, it doesn't process.
    Could somebody please give me a clue as to why it is not being run as a cronjob ?

Thank You.
    Richard.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

most likely you created a jailed cronjob and not a full cron. The easiest way would be to make a web cron by replacing the command just with an url:

http://yourdomain.tld/XML/feedsync/core/cron.php

ISPConfig takes care then to fetch that URL in the configured interval. If you want to run the file with the commandline php instead, check the client settings and ensure that the cron limit is set to full cron and not jailed cron, then delete the cronjob and recreate it. a jailed cron can not work for 2 reasons, first, php is not in the jails and the second thing is that you used an absolute path for the php script and not a path that is relative to the web root (/web/XML/feedsync/core/cron.php).

3. MisterRichard

MisterRichard Member

Thank You Till.

Best Regards,

Richard.

4. MisterRichard

MisterRichard Member

Hi Till,
    I tried as you suggested above trying to cron without the php -e command in front of it, but it didn't process.
    I tried putting the crontab in the cron section in ISPConfig for the website, how I have this showing up in /var/log/messages :

abort, homedir '/var/www/clients/client50/web82' for user web82 (5086) does not contain the jail separator <jail>/./<home>

I am quite sure the initial install was followed to the letter from the howtoforge perfect server for Centos7 and ISPConfig, are aware what the jail error means ?
    Thanks,
    Richard