Crontab scripts don't exist?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by BèrKessels, Nov 14, 2006.

1. BèrKessels

BèrKessels New Member

I need to change some of the scripts run by ispconfig, first I want to change is the location where the statistics are compiled (webalizer).

Code:
    $ sudo crontab -e
    Gives me:

Code:
    30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null
    But
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/
    does not exist, so I am very curious how ispconfig does this, and where I should look for the scripts. Is it chrooted, shuold I look for /root relative to some dir?

2. BèrKessels

BèrKessels New Member

Note: I am using Debian, in case that matters.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If /root/ispconfig does not exist, ISPConfig is not installed on your server or you deleted the directory which means you will have to reinstall ISPConfig completely.

Please post the output of:

ls -la /root/ispconfig

when you are logged in as root user.

4. BèrKessels

BèrKessels New Member

pit was a problem with my sudo

Somehow sudo did not return any items
    Code:
    $ sudo ls -hal /root/ispconfig 
    returns nothing, while
    Code:
    $ sudo su 
    Code:
    $ ls -hal /root/ispconfig 
    does return entries.

So: sorry, my fault. I was really surprised but your hint to 'log in as root' pointed me to the 'broken' sudo config.

Thanks. And call this 'closed' :)

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Now you know the reason why we always recommend to not use sudo :) Sometimes you will get the strangest results when you dont use the "real" root account ;)