Custom Conf

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ktownmods, Oct 13, 2019.

1. ktownmods

ktownmods Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hey,

I can not get it right that the conf will not be overwritten.

So I mean the nginx_vhost.conf.master and the nginx_apps.vhost.master.

Where exactly do I have to change that and save it?

Tried to change the files in conf / * and save them in conf-custom /, but after the update I made yesterday, the apps.vhost would be overwritten in nginx / sites-available

best regards

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It is not done that way. The files in conf-custom are templates, not copies of configuration files. Get the original templates from ISPConfig installation package, copy them to conf-custom and modify them there. Note there are placeholders in the templates, do not mess those.

BMT likes this.
  3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

for ispconfig-uipdates put the changed files in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install and use the files from install/tpl

BMT likes this.
  4. ktownmods

So:

Screenshot_623.png

Is that the right way, that the configs dont change after i update ispconfig, or i resync all?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As Florian mentioned, templates from /con/ go to conf-custom. Templates from install/tpl/ folder of the ispconfig tar.gz (the templates that get used during updates), go to conf-custom/install/ folder. You copied templates from tpl/install/ to conf-custom now instead of conf-custom/install/ which is the reason why it does not work.

BMT likes this.
  6. ktownmods

So i have to Put these 3 .master in conf-custom/install?

And then my vhosts get only changed with the content of this .master

7. till

No, again:

Files from tpl/install/ folder of the ispconfig tar.gz go to conf-custom/install/
    Files from conf/ folder go into conf-custom/

You have 3 files there currently, the files that are in the right place are the nginx files, while the apps vhost file needs to be put in the install folder as well as it exists for update and server use. the dovecot file belongs into the install folder.
    Remember where you copied a file from and then put it into the right target folder.

BMT likes this.
  8. ktownmods

Hey, now i do the update to 3.1.15p2 and the nginx_vhost.conf.master in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf getting changed.
    So i have the nginx_vhost.conf.master as u see above in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom.

So is there a mistake or i dont understand it right?

Or is it now correct, that if i make an new site the conf from /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom getting used?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  9. till

That's correct and as it should be as ISPConfig is using the one from conf-custom and not conf

ktownmods likes this.