Custom error pages with pictures ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Djamu, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Djamu

Djamu New Member

K here comes a stupid problem.
    did setup ispconfig & drupal & etc... all working fine

Created some friendly:rolleyes: error pages, but somehow those don't find the path to the pictures i've used. ( can't upload them to the error folder either )

Guess that .no_delete file is responsible for this, but since it's an empty file
    :confused:

anyone ?

edit:

Links to pictures should obviously be absolute ( :eek: ), still that .no_delete file intrigues me, as I was only able to copy pictures in there using a shell

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Djamu

Djamu New Member

Yup, figured that out already -paths relative to root are good to-

Still I would like to have some info on the mechanism of that .no_delete file that resides inside for instance the error folder ( I do understand it's permissions ) would like to know how it interacts with ftp ( proftp ) and apache.
    I've read trough all 25 threads containing this term. But aside from the usual file permission problems no explanation showed.

Second, while my error pages work flawless on firefox they only showed up 1 time in IE7. After that IE7 just used it's own error pages ( ? ).
    To make sure this isn't caused by a wrongly structured .htaccess file I just temporarily removed that one of my root folder.
    Anybody an idea how come? ( workaround ? )

Based on some info I found on javascriptkit I made a custom .htaccess file to block bad bots. My Drupal CMS ( and .htaccess file ) resides inside /content subdirectory
    Anyone whiling to comment on that. ( seems to work fine )

Apache directives
    .HTACCESS ( in /content )

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The .no_delete file has no special meaning and does not interact with ftp or apache. It is just a file owned by root to prevent users from deleting the folder. The name does not matter for its function as a folder can not be deleted by a unpriviliged user when it contains a file that the user is not allowed to remove.

5. Djamu

Djamu New Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

K I get it now, I bit of overlooked the permissions & ownership on the error folder itself ( my bad ).

Knowing I didn't change any permissions on that, it shows 755 shouldn't that be 644 ?

Just found something interesting to regarding the issue with IE7 custom error pages. If IE7 finds an error page that is smaller than 512 bytes ( an error + link to picture is ) then it opts to display a "friendly" error page of its own.

kinda stupid IMHO, just for your info

thanks

Jan