Custom per-domain User Prefix?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by catdude, Sep 19, 2007.

1. catdude

catdude New Member

I am currently using [DOMAIN] as my user prefix. This distro of Linux has a max user name length of 32 characters, so if I have to create an email user named "customerservice" in domain "myverylongdomainname.com", the user's mailbox gets created as myverylongdomainname.com_custo. That's not a big problem - the e-mail address is still the long full name at full domain name.

However, if that user is also authorized to make FTP connections, they must identify themselves using the truncated version. That is bit much to ask of a lot of my users.

I think it would be wonderful if I could define for each domain a field called "user_prefix". I could then define the user prefix for myverylongdomainname.com as "mvldn" or something similar. I do believe that my users would be able to remember a truncated or abbreviated version of their domain name much more easily than they could remember a truncated version of their user name.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

ISPConfig 3 will be based on virtual users, so there won't be a 32 characters limit anymore. :)