Custom php.ini

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MisterVlad, Nov 19, 2007.

1. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

Ok, I have searched, and searched, and cannot find a good way to set up custom php.ini files.

Mostly, what I need, is for uploaded files and stuff to be under the users UID and GID when done though html file uploads.

How can I do this? I am seriously at a brain malfunction right now... and it is 140am on sunday night/monday morning....

HELP?!!?

Mistervlad

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

use suPHP - that will make make user uploaded files to their according UID and GID

3. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

Right now, say the uid is 2004, and the gid is 2001, the uploaded files are coming up as 33/33 (www-data) which is what php is set to run at.

How do i use suPHP? is there a special install for this on Debian Etch 4.0? Could you please be a little more elaborate, and maybe point me in the right direction? (5 hours of sleep is not enough to function on :confused: )

Mistervlad

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  4. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

Maybe I should use ISPconfig? it seems as if everyone is using it... if I do that, maybe I should reinstall my webserver...

I guess I will read all the bennifits of ISPconfig, as I will be hosting multiple websites, and dont want to be able to have everyone have access to everyone elses stuff...

5. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

I have never used suPHP so far... so I can't help you there... I just know suPHP will do that.