Customers can adjust their diskspace-limit ??

Discussion in 'General' started by jonaskellens, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jonaskellens

jonaskellens New Member

When I create a new customer and afterwards I log in as this newly created customer, I see that this user is able to adjust his diskspace. Is this correct ??

Using ISPConfig 3.
    Tab websites > click on domain :
    the domain name, the diskspace, the IP-address can all be edited... Is this normal ???

I normally use Plesk as control panel, and there I cannot adjust my diskspace nor can I adjust the IP-address of the server/website, when logged in as normal user.

2. NetCat911

NetCat911 New Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Customers can not adjust their webspace limit. Only if the administrator allowed them to create the websites themself, they can set the limit. If the website was created by the admin and not the client, they can not change the limit.

4. jonaskellens

jonaskellens New Member

I have logged in as admin, created a new customer, created the domain and webspace for this customer.
    Then I log in as this user, click on the domainname (tab websites), and all the information/settings about the domain is editable...

5. NetCat911

NetCat911 New Member

Users can also choose their own ftp and ssh quota. There is no difference who set up ssh or ftp :(

6. till

No, they can not change it. Just verifoed it on two different servers. They can see the values of course but if they can not change them. Just try it, if you change a value as ciustomer, the value does not get saved.

7. till

Yes, because these values are always limited by the website quota. they can not upload more data then its specified for the web.

8. NetCat911

NetCat911 New Member

Thanks for the reply. The next version will have these changes?

9. till

This is already part of 3.0.1.6. Just try it out yourself.

10. NetCat911

NetCat911 New Member

And what about traffic limitations?

11. till

12. NetCat911

NetCat911 New Member

Thank you for support :)