Daily Quota Reports

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by klonos, Aug 14, 2007.

1. klonos

klonos New Member

Refering to the "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft)" Howto and the Daily Quota Reports feature...

I receive those at about 12:00 at night. Do they represent each mailboxe's current size % or are they daily mail volume for each user or maybe maximum quota reached for the day period? My quess is that it is the first.

What I mean is, does this script simply check the maildir size for each account each night at 12:00 and sends out a report? Or does it keep a record of the mail during the day and purges stats at 12:00 once it has sent the report.

The reason why I am asking is... well consider the following senario:

- User has a 100MB mailbox limit.
    - User receives more than that during the day.
    - If I got this right, the account stops receiving mail till some of the current mail is downloaded to a mail client and removed from the server thus creating free space.
    - Some more mail comes in once space is created, reaching 5% of the mailbox limit.
    - User has not checked the new mail till 12:00.
    - Script runs and reports 5% usage.
    - Admin has no clue that the account has reached its limit during the day.

So, if I really got this right. Is there a way to also include a maximum quota reached each day in these reports? If this is what it is I get, please ignore this thread.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes.

I don't know any...

3. klonos

klonos New Member