Daloradius problem

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by ahsan.altaf, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ahsan.altaf

ahsan.altaf New Member

i used this thread to set up radius server and daloradius on my system
    http://www.howtoforge.com/authentic...ckend-and-webbased-management-with-daloradius

now the problem i m facing is , im getting this error when i tried to login through Daloradius.

Database connection error
    Error Message: DB Error: connect failed
    Debug: [nativecode=Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (13)] ** mysql://root:mad:127.0.0.1/radius

Kindly help me in this regard..

Thanks alot

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    and
    Code:
    ps aux | grep mysql
    ?

3. ahsan.altaf

ahsan.altaf New Member

The result of

netstat -tap

Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
    tcp 0 0 *:48419 *:* LISTEN 998/rpc.statd
    tcp 0 0 *:mysql *:* LISTEN 1858/mysqld
    tcp 0 0 *:sunrpc *:* LISTEN 773/rpcbind
    tcp 0 0 *:ssh *:* LISTEN 1048/sshd
    tcp 0 0 localhost:ipp *:* LISTEN 807/cupsd
    tcp 0 0 localhost:smtp *:* LISTEN 2413/sendmail: acce
    tcp 0 0 *:sunrpc *:* LISTEN 773/rpcbind
    tcp 0 0 *:http *:* LISTEN 2002/httpd
    tcp 0 0 *:ssh *:* LISTEN 1048/sshd
    tcp 0 0 localhost:ipp *:* LISTEN 807/cupsd

ps aux | grep mysql

root 1772 0.0 0.2 4964 1348 pts/0 S 16:43 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --user=mysql
    mysql 1858 0.0 3.3 127268 16964 pts/0 Sl 16:43 0:07 /usr/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    root 2311 0.0 0.5 11884 3016 pts/0 T 18:40 0:00 mysql -u root -p
    root 2518 0.0 0.1 4204 700 pts/0 S+ 21:19 0:00 grep mysql

Also i had to use 127.0.0.1/myradius to login to Daloradius. As localhost/myradius doesn't work for me. Also another thing i m running Fedora 12 through Vmware.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  4. falko

Looks ok. Maybe you need to switch off SELinux? What's the output of
    Code:
    getenforce
    ?

5. ahsan.altaf

ahsan.altaf New Member

it says

enforcing

Now wat to do???

also if you could help me in Authenticating a wireless client through this setup.It would be very help full to me.
    If you can post some steps same as like this link

6. ahsan.altaf

ahsan.altaf New Member

more info

After turning off the selinux. when i tried yto log in to Daloradius i get this error..

Debug: [nativecode=Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)] ** mysql://root:mad:127.0.0.1/radius

Kindly help me in this regard.
    Also if you can post steps invloved in mac based wifi authentication through radius server,

7. falko

Did you reboot the system after disabling SELinux?

8. ahsan.altaf

ahsan.altaf New Member

the problem solved...... the issue was that i had to change daloradius.conf.php file instead of daloradius.conf................. which was mantioned in the how to forge page........................

anywayz thanks alot for your help and concern that selinux thing helped alot................

also if you can post some link about my 2nd query than ill b very thank full to you....

9. luke240778

luke240778 New Member

Help please!!

I also followed that tutorial and had problems until i read the last post about needing to edit the daloradius.conf.php file.

I have done this and am not able to login to Daloradius. My problem is this and i hope someone can help me.. i can test freeradius from the shell and see the accept message, so it should be working. in the tutorial we add the sqltest user, but when i go to users in Daloradius, there are no users, and when i try to add one, i get the following:

Database error
    Error Message: DB Error: no such field
    Debug info: INSERT INTO userinfo (id, username, firstname, lastname, email, department, company, workphone, homephone, mobilephone, address, city, state, zip, notes, changeuserinfo, creationdate, creationby, updatedate, updateby) VALUES (0, 'luke', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '2011-01-18 20:32:35', 'administrator', NULL, NULL) [nativecode=1054 ** Unknown column 'address' in 'field list']

Database error
    Error Message: DB Error: no such table
    Debug info: SELECT * FROM userbillinfo WHERE username='luke' [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'radiusdb.userbillinfo' doesn't exist]

So, whats going on? Why would that tale be missing if i have followed that tutorial all the way through?

Second question: I want to use this server as an authentication for wifi users to have to login.. when a user connects to the network, and tries to browse, i want them to get a login page that they have to login to.. to have that, does Freeradius already do that (if yes where is that login page so i can edit it) and if not what other software do i have to use?

Looking forward to some responses from you guys, i am pretty green when it comes to linux and these softwares.. oh and i am using the following:

Centos 5.5
    Freeradius2
    Daloradius 0.9.8

10. Hannachi7

Hannachi7 New Member

Hallo

Hallo What didi you change and how . Im newbi

11. Borgi

Borgi New Member

Hello all I have the same problem... I cannot log in to Daloradius... After try it shows:

I have disabled SELinux, firewall and also I have well configured DB_PASS,DB_NAME and DB_USER according to command: mysql -u root -p radius + db pass inserted which is working.
    Centos 7
    Freeradius version 2
    Daloradius v.0.9-9
    Please help.
    Thank you.