Database dump backup destination

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by deividmen, Jul 3, 2024.

1. deividmen

deividmen Member

I have an Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS server with ISPConfig Version: 3.2 and many websites installed. The web server got too slow after a modification, so I'm trying to restore a backup that I got from the ISPConfig update command but I don't know how the database dump works. Where do I have to import that database dump? Should it be the dbispconfig database that I can access as root user?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The ispconfig_updates.sh command makes backup in /var/backup/ -subdirectory. Backup is both from ispconfig files and dbispconfig database. The file ispconfig_db_backup.sql contains the backup of dbispconfig.
    Restoring the database is done in the usual way, from command line or with PHPMyAdmin. If you are unsure about how to restore, consult some knowledgeable person.
    You should have asked ISPConfig releated question on ISPConfig forum.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just one thing to note, I guess the backup file contains only the data, not the table stricture, so instead of whipping out the whole database, just empty all tables and then import the database dump. And take care to make a full backup of your current database before you start.

But I do not think that restoring a prior ISPConfig database state will fix your issue, so I can only suggest not to do that. Instead, check why your system is slow. Does it has high load, is the harddisk slow etc. basically all possible causes are not related to what's in the ISPConfig database.

ahrasis likes this.