Database Quota vs. 0

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by HSorgYves, Nov 23, 2016.

1. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good evening,
    I have upgraded to ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 and modified my templates to set database quota. Why can a user still store a database with 0 in the quota field?
    Thanks,
    Yves

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Database quota is a function to warn the client and the admin in case that a database exceeds the quota value, there is no other way to implement this as MySQL has no quota support builtin, so you can not set a hard limit for the size of a database in mysql.

3. HSorgYves

OK, thanks for the clarification. Nevertheless, when I give a customer a certain quota, it is not good that he can create a database with unlimited space... this is a bug in my humble opinion. Does MariaDB support a hard limit quota?

4. till

Then you will have to contact Oracle and ask them to implement quota in their software. After they did that, we can implement a hard quota for MySQL in ISPConfig. Until then, a soft quota is the only way that we can go and I guess a soft quota (warning) is better than no warning at all.

No.

5. HSorgYves

I totally agree about the soft quota and I am happy it is there. I am concerned that a client can create a database with 0 as soft quota although he has a limit of 256 MB, because if he puts 0 then no mails are sent.

6. till

7. HSorgYves

Perfect