Database User and Database the Client created can't be seen on mysql

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sur, Jun 27, 2022.

1. sur

sur New Member

It seems there is no connection between the client's creation of database users and databases. I only can created database users and databases within the Phpmyadmin by another user there, not by the client within ISPconfig3. Please see the screenshots attached.

My server IP is 164.92.101.227. I do not install mail and dns. My system is Ubuntu 20.04.02.

It seems the following test 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'' is the cause for my above problem. Am I right? But I don't know how to solve 'ERROR 1045 (28000)'.

I run the test script:
    Last login: Sun Jun 26 02:34:59 2022 from 223.18.190.151
    root@less:~# wget -q -O htf-common-issues.php "http://gitplace.net/pixcept/ispconfig-tools/raw/stable/htf-common-issues.php" && php -q htf-common-issues.php
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /root/htf-common-issues.php on line 288
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

And share the output in a code block.
    Code:
    IP-address (as per hostname): [localhost]
    [WARN] could not determine server's ip address by ifconfig
    [INFO] OS version is Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

[INFO] uptime:  02:13:00 up 1 day,  3:02,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00

[INFO] memory:
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:          976Mi       378Mi       106Mi        58Mi       491Mi       389Mi
    Swap:            0B          0B          0B

[INFO] systemd failed services status:
      UNIT                      LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION                             
    ● fwupd-refresh.service     loaded failed failed Refresh fwupd metadata and update motd   
    ● logrotate.service         loaded failed failed Rotate log files                         
    ● snap.lxd.activate.service loaded failed failed Service for snap application lxd.activate

LOAD   = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
    ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
    SUB    = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.

3 loaded units listed.

[INFO] ISPConfig is installed.

##### ISPCONFIG #####
    ISPConfig version is 3.2.8p1

[WARN] Could not connect to mysql with given user data.
    [WARN] Could not use mysql command line to connect to the database. Check your mysql config!

##### VERSION CHECK #####

[INFO] php (cli) version is 7.4.30
    [INFO] php-cgi (used for cgi php in default vhost!) is version 7.4.30

##### PORT CHECK #####

[WARN] Port 143 (IMAP server) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 993 (IMAP server SSL) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 110 (POP3 server) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 995 (POP3 server SSL) seems NOT to be listening
    [WARN] Port 465 (SMTP server SSL) seems NOT to be listening
    --More--Connection to 164.92.101.227 closed by remote host.

Attached Files:

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You are right.
    How was this ISPConfig installed? Check in PHPMyAdmin what you have in User Accounts. Compare what ISPConfig installation instructions tell about creating database users.
    The common issues script show other dubious test results, there may be more problems ahead.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check that the correct mysql root password is set in the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

aldo likes this.
  4. sur

sur New Member

Till Brehm, you are great. After I changed the root passwd as same as the one you show me, 'ERROR 1045 (28000) ' problem disappeared and the database user and database the client created on ispconfig3 can be seen on myphpadmin. Thank you very much!

5. sur

sur New Member

Thank you for your caring. Till has solve my main problem. I still has small problem. I installed ISPConfig3 with the automatic scripts.

6. sur

sur New Member

Last month I installed ispconfig3 on Debian 11, I did not meet 'ERROR 1045 (28000) ' problem, the client created the database user and database can be seen instantly on myphpadmin. Why? Because Ubuntu 20.04 is more strict on root user's password than Debian?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure you did not change the MySQL root password after installing ISPConfig, e.g. via phpmyadmin or the admin console? This error can normally only happen in case that MySQL root password was changed manually after installing ISPConfig without setting the new password in the ISPConfig config file.

8. sur

sur New Member

I am sure I did not change the root password on Debian 11. But I installed ispconfig3 twice on Debian 11. The first time I installed it with Email and DNS, found that the database user and database the client created on ispconfig3 can't be seen on myphpadmin. Then I decited to install ispconfig3 without Email and DNS. Both choose nginx instead of apache. I found it was the second time installation let me lucky to avoid the 'ERROR 1045 (28000) ' problem. I never know the path (/usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf) you give me, and how I can change the root passwd in the correct way? Thank you again!