DB based Autoresponder and Disclaimer for Postfix virtual mailboxes

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by suntribe, Jun 13, 2013.

1. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Hi everybody.. my current mail setup was done by following this tutorial (http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-u...urier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-ubuntu-12.04-lts). The only difference is that I have not implemented the quota functionality as I don't need it.

Is it possible to extend the DB with additional fields where I would put per-mailbox settings for vacation autoresponder and for disclaimer, and if yes, what should I do (generally speaking) :cool:

2. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Is this possible on not? :)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not aware of any db based autoresponder patch for postfix. Autoresponders are normally generated by the lda (maildrop or dovecot deliver). But thats a different kind of setup.

A setup with postfix virtual mail users and a lda for autoresponders and email filtering is e.g. used in ispconfig 3 (perfect server guides). But you would have to reinstall the server to use such a setup as it is different in severalpoints from your current setup.

4. suntribe

suntribe New Member

Tnx for your reply till..

I gave up on the DB based disclaimer for now so I have set it up the normal way :) But I ran into some problems.. As I have my disclaimer in one line of the .txt file, when email is coded, all lines split to the lenght of 7X chars. If I grep the whole line I will never find it. Is there any other method how to detect the disclaimer that is already inserted into the body of email?

5. underspell

underspell New Member