DB errno: 28 "No space left on device"

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by unsichtbare, Jan 29, 2019.

1. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi- I have a strange error coming from my ISPConfig. I say strange, because the disk is not close to full (43GB available - 77% Used) . Error happens every night at similar times. Here's the error - perhaps someone could point me in a location to start looking?
    THX

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is that /tmp drive is full at the time you receive this error. This might be related to nightly backups, try to change the backup temp path under system > server config to a path that is on another harddisk with more free space than what /tmp has.

3. unsichtbare

So, if I add another disk, mount it persistently, then change the "Backup tmp directory for zip", I can alleviate the problem?

4. till

You might not need another disk, depending on your setup. Try to change the folder from /tmp to /var/tmp and wait until tomorrow to see if the problem occurs again.

unsichtbare likes this.
  5. unsichtbare

I put everything in one bucket when I built the server.:(

6. till

But /tmp might be a temporary in-memory fs, so not on your HD. Try what I suggested and tomorrow you will know if you need another HD or not :)

7. unsichtbare

Unfortunately /tmp is on /
    Thanks for the hopeful idea that I had planned this out.

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you run out of inodes?
    Code:
    df -hiT