Db site permission settings and PhpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Funkwarrior, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Funkwarrior

Funkwarrior New Member

Hi all,

I setup the max number to 10 of databases for a site in ISP MANAGER > www.domain.tld > Basis but in phpmyadmin I've non permission to create a new db (i've only one db for now).

What is the problem?

Sorry, but I'm only a newbie...

Thank you for your help.

Fabio.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to create the databases in ISPConfig on the options tab of the website and not in phpmyadmin.

3. Funkwarrior

Funkwarrior New Member

Thank You,
    Now I create the db via ISPConfig, but why I can't do that in phpMyAdmin? Is a feature of ISPConfig?

4. till

Yes. Neither phpmyadmin nor the mysql database server itself has a function to limit the number of databases of a user, so we had to implement it in ISPConfig.

5. Funkwarrior

Funkwarrior New Member

Thank You, this is clear. But I don't understand yet why, if I configure the max db per user on ISPConfig, I can't create new databases in phpMyAdmin (within the max number configuration in ispconfig)...

6. till

PHPMyAdmin does not allow limits on the number of databases as I pointed out, this means that you can not create databases in phpmyadmin as phpmyadmin is not able to enforce the limit.

You can either create unlimited databases in phpmyadmin e.g. when you use the mysql root account or you can not create new databases in phpmyadmin at all.

7. rutame

rutame Member

I can not login in phpmyadmin

I just installed phpmyadmin following your instructions and all right, but i can login. I get an error message with user o password incorrect.

I am putting the name user of one user and same with the password.

Could you help me Falko?

Thank you very much

8. till

Even if I'am not falko ;) You must use a database user to login to phpmyadmin, the database user that you created on the options tab of the website and not a ispconfig user.