Dbispconfig log tables are getting large and not getting deleted.

Discussion in 'General' started by damir, Jul 15, 2010.

1. damir

damir New Member

I have couple of questions regarding log tables in dbispconfig.

I'm running Debian Lenny 5.0.4 with 3 ispconfig server, one master and two slaves. I saw that my backups of ispconfig .sql files where over 40MB and that was strange because i have not added that many clients.

I compared with .sql backup before i upgraded to 3.0.2.1 from 3.0.1.6 and old ones are 2-3MB large. I logged in through phpmyadmin and saw that monitor_data tables is 12MB large and sys_log 23MB.

Somehow they are not deleted or is there any rotation or scripts that deletes those files? Can i empty those tables without affecting dbispconfig functionality.

Going through log files i can see millions of following warning messages:

Slave 1:
    DB::query(DELETE FROM monitor_data WHERE type ='sys_log' AND created < 1279196702) -> mysql_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispcsrv2'@'mail.server.com' for column 'type' in table 'monitor_data'

Slave 2:
    DB::query(DELETE FROM monitor_data WHERE type ='sys_log' AND created < 1279196702) -> mysql_query SELECT command denied to user 'ispcsrv3'@'web.server.com' for column 'type' in table 'monitor_data'

Thanx in advance

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Update to ISPConfig 3.0.2.2 and select to reconfigure the database permissions when you update the slave.

3. damir

damir New Member

I will try that. Do i need to manually delete logs from tables or is it the script that does the cleaning of current logs?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The script will do the cleanup on a nightly basis after you updated master and slaves.