Dear Till, should i install perfect ISPc3.2 on Deb10 testing?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Petar, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Petar

Petar Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear Till,
    Having postponed this installation already from October 1st, I must install a new server with ISPc tonight and transfer 2 large websites with round 150 email boxes, from another shared ISPc and shared cPanel.

I've been reading the past Perfect 3.2 tuts and see the last Perfect Deb tut still stucked on 3.1, so i just want to ask if there is a known huge problem in installing perfect 3.2 on deb10 testing or you have'nt the time to rewrite it because of working on the last issues from beta3 to release?

Should i do it normaly and just istead of stable use nightly ispc?

One more important questions. I would certainly need aditional PHP s. In one of your posts you mention to use ondrej/php instead sury.org in the multiple php tutorial. Is this still recomended for my planned setup?

The last one. I would aditionaly use rspamd. Does it have any known issues with ispc3.2 ?
    Hope that you re in later timezone and reading this, so i can install everything tonight and prepare and migrate everything in easy traffic before morning rush hour

Best regards
    Peter

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I know you ask for till but we also normally try to help anyway we can.

I opine your case should use stable ISPC3.1.15p3. Besides the fact that 3.2 should be ready in a week or two and you can just update to it then.

Ondrej php is still recommended and rspamd is the way to go for the future.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3.2 is scheduled for release today, so using the nightly build should be fine. There are a few minor things that need to be fixed for the release though, but you can just run an ISPConfig update to the next nightly tomorrow. There are probably more issues that show up in the next days when more people use it which will then be fixed in the next nightly builds, if you have a problem, it's always good to take a look at the gir issue tracker if we fixed it already. Regarding Debian version, I would use Debian 10 and not Debian testing though.

Using sury.org is fine. Use sury.org for Debian and Ondrej ppa for Ubuntu. I've heard that both are from the same person anyway, have not verified that myself though :)

Rspamd should be working fine. I just did not had the time yet to write the 2.0 versions of all the install guides.

That said, the suggestions from @ahrasis are fine as well, if you like to stay a bit more conservative, install ISPConfig 3.1.15p3 and update to 3.2 after the dust around the release has settled :)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just as info, due to some open issues, we decided to move the release date for 3.2 to October 15. The 3.2 release is already fairly stable and as long as you don't use email address delimiters nor centos 8, you'll probably fine with using the nightly build already.

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

for production systems I would use debian 10 and not the testing release :)