Debian 10 Multiserver setup

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by chief, Mar 22, 2021.

1. chief

chief Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have a multiserver setup already based on debian 9 and ispconfig 3.2.2.
    So, i have ordered new internet (faster up/down), i have bought the migration toolkit last 2 years.

My question
    For this to work, just follow install instructions for multiserver but it according to debian 10?

dave

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A new guide is about to be released, which will use the official autoinstaller aswell. Can you wait a few days for that?

After doing the install, you can migrate your old setup to your new one.

chief likes this.
  3. chief

Hey Th0m, thanks for the reply..
    yes, my new internet 500/75 doesnt go live until april 7, so i have a few weeks..
    Awsome.. thank you

dave

4. Th0m

5. chief

Hi Th0m, i am now following the tutorial "https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/ispconfig-multiserver-setup-debian-ubuntu/", my question are these statements..

Code:
    CREATE USER 'root'@'10.0.64.13' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'10.0.64.13' IDENTIFIED BY 'myrootpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;
    where it states 'myrootpassword', is this the mysql root password for the primary server or the mysql root password for the destination server? as all servers are having a generated password, only to be found out after running the script on each of the 7 servers.

thanks in advance

6. Th0m

You can use any password you like: you are creating users for the remote servers to login to the main server. Just remember the password.

chief likes this.
  7. chief

another question, sorry.
    The domain im setting the servers up at, im having an issue.. i have created A record at my control panel where i purchased the new domain name for hosting... ns1... and pointed that to the IPv4 address and the same for ns2.....
    when i am running the setup for web01..... it wants to connect, but states ..
    Code:
    Unable to connect to mysql server php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
    will i need to temporarily create A record names for all the servers & pointi to the IP's? so the names resolve to the machines and then delete all records other than the 2 records for the ns1 & ns2 records..

8. chief

is it good / bad practice to use the same mysql password ie..
    master mysql has a generated "password1", and web01 has also a generated one "password345", so on master i could use web01 and re use "password345" when adding statement in master / panel mysql

9. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want each shave server to have a different mysql error password on the master server, you can use ip/hostname restrictions so the slave's password can't be used from anywhere else. This is what is done in the multi server guides.

If you are quite concerned about security, you can even disable those slave server 'root' accounts in the master, and only enable them for the short duration in which you run an ispconfig update.

10. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think you can simply use /etc/hosts to add each servers with their static ip in order to connect to each other and that was mentioned in the manual and tutorials right?

Chris_UK likes this.
  11. chief

i have already added all the new server names in /etc/hosts, i can ping the IP. but still getting the same error as it must look them up via dns

12. chief

i think i found it, my bad typing
    rebooting and now to test

13. Chris_UK

Chris_UK Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

14. chief

Thanks Th0m for reply.
    I have finished the installs now, am having a few issues.
    1. webmail server has these errors :
    Code:
    mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@*********: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate:
    mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@*********): Error: doveadm server disconnected before handshake: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate:.....
    mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@**********): Error: sync: Disconnected from remote: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate:........

reading more.. i see invalid SSL certs
    Aug  1 18:30:02 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1689]: connect from localhost[::1]
    Aug  1 18:30:02 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1689]: lost connection after CONNECT from localhost[::1]
    Aug  1 18:30:02 mx1 postfix/smtpd[1689]: disconnect from localhost[::1] commands=0/0
    Aug  1 18:34:15 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@t****): Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate: /C=
    Aug  1 18:34:15 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@******: Error: doveadm server disconnected before handshake: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate: /C=
    Aug  1 18:34:15 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@*********): Error: sync: Disconnected from remote: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate: /C=
    Aug  1 18:35:01 mx1 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=</2RX34LIjuwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
    Aug  1 18:35:01 mx1 dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=<LGZX34LIcKoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>

Delete the certs? and how?

2. webmail server.
    i can ping the IP but not the hostname. I have added under panel -> DNS i have added each hostname there.. example
    add new A record
    Code:
    hostname: webmail
    ip-Address: ***.***.***.***
    TTL: 3600 (leave it alone
    I added all the other servers using same info, i can ping each IP and hostname but not webmail.********

15. chief

so, webmail server issue.. solved, nut not fixed.
    I can now get to the website, but its in german, nothing wrong with german except i can speak or write it, also it states an error.
    Code:
    verbinding met IMAP-server mislukt
    I guess something like password wrong, but i have copied and pasted it.. ahh. i found this in roundcube logs

16. chief

Thanks for the replys, getting somewhere now..
    An update.
    easy fix for the language. But still having issues with the mx1, mx2 and webmail server.
    when i ran the script.. i did add info to ssl cert generator, looks like both the mx servers are complaining about the self signed certificate still.
    how can i fix this ?
    Code:
    Aug  2 07:16:41 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@********: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate: /C=UK/ST=......emailAddress=.....l.com
    Aug  2 07:16:41 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@********): Error: doveadm server disconnected before handshake: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate: /C=UK/ST..............................l.com
    Aug  2 07:16:41 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(test@*************): Error: sync: Disconnected from remote: Received invalid SSL certificate: self signed certificate: /C=UK/ST=.......l.com
    Aug  2 07:17:40 mx1 dovecot: doveadm(212.159.153.5): Error: doveadm client disconnected before handshake: Connection closed
    The webmail server still states
    Code:
    connection to storage server failed
    output of /var/log/roundcube/error.log
    Code:
    [02-Aug-2021 07:24:26 +0100]: <kiheten5> IMAP Error: Login failed for test@******* against mx2. from 2**.***.***.*** Could not connect to ssl://mx2.***********:993: Unknown reason in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 200 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)
    as im having on both server the ssl errors, what do i need to run to delete, regenerate and fix this issue..
    thanks in advance for your time

17. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

18. chief

Thanks Taleman

Just to confirm, when installing the mx1 and mx2 server following the debian 10 script auto installer, i entered additional info in to the ssl creation screen during the install.
    The installer said (i didnt listen) to just press enter.
    is this why im having issues?

19. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you enter any info, it means it didn't proceed with LE certs but self-signed certs creation instead. Check the installer log for errors and follow the LE FAQ mentioned to determine the real cause for that problem.

20. chief

ok, im tanking it and starting again.
    dave will follow instructions to the letter this time..

======EDIT
    reboot and all fine, now pings google.com and installs CURL and then install
    Code:
    curl https://get.acme.sh | sh -s 

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021