Debian 11 and ISPconfig installation script

Discussion in 'General' started by SamTzu, Aug 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades --no-quota

I tested installation on LXC container without quota and the script seemed to work well. Only Problem I can see is with the milter. I'm not sure it actually installed it correctly since I can't seem to get port 11332 up an running.

/etc/postfix/main.cf
    smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:11332
    non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:11332

root@mail:~# systemctl status rspamd
    ● rspamd.service - rapid spam filtering system
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rspamd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2022-08-16 21:38:44 UTC; 46min ago
    Docs: https://rspamd.com/doc/
    Main PID: 117745 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    CPU: 27ms

Aug 16 21:38:44 mail systemd[1]: rspamd.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
    Aug 16 21:38:44 mail systemd[1]: Stopped rapid spam filtering system.
    Aug 16 21:38:44 mail systemd[1]: rspamd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
    Aug 16 21:38:44 mail systemd[1]: rspamd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Aug 16 21:38:44 mail systemd[1]: Failed to start rapid spam filtering system.
    Aug 16 21:57:17 mail systemd[1]: rspamd.service: Unit cannot be reloaded because it is inactive.
    Aug 16 22:01:15 mail systemd[1]: rspamd.service: Unit cannot be reloaded because it is inactive.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The autoinstall script installs everything that's needed and configures it correctly, so it is very unlikely that your issue is related to something that is not installed by the script. Something on your system prevents Rspamd from starting. Please run:

systemctl start rspamd

and then check the status of rspamd service and the mail.log for errors to find out why Rspamd can not start on your system, it's likely related to the use of LXC (which we recommend not using for an ISPConfig system).

3. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Nope. Did not help, but I figured it out.
    For some reason /var/log/rspamd/rspamd.log file was owned by root and failure to write to it caused the rspamd.service to fail.
    Something in the installation process failed and only the other files in that folder were owned by _rspamd.

4. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

grrrr
    It happend again.
    Something keeps "rooting" the log file and breaking rspamd.
    I have to check the cron.