Debian 3.1 install - Autoresponder not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jockstrap, Jul 13, 2006.

1. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

Hi,

I've followed the debian 3.1 perfect install instructions and got ispconfig all working.

Have installed roundcubemail and works all sweet - except for autoresponder.
    When I first tried, it worked fine... then noticed it doesn't...

Had the server off for a day - powered it up today and sent an email to the email address and SUCCESSFULLY got an autoresponder back... BUT NO MORE. When I send now, no reply... I didn't touch anything between emails either - honest!

Seems it want's to work occasionally but have tried all evening and no luck!

Have tried to follow all the maildrop info,etc but very confusing... Found that maildrop was not even installed during the installation instructions?

So some basic questions if anyone can help;

1) has anyone else followed the debian 3.1 install guide and had problems with autoresponders and fixed it ?

2) do I need he maildrop package installed ? and do i need a maildroprc file ?

3) in /etc/postfix/master.cf it says the maildrop userid is vmail - but no such user on the system?

4) what config files should I need to double check for autoresponder and what should they contain ?

If anyone has a debian 3.1 install working can you please direct me in the right path - cheers...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You dont need maildrop, if you followed the howto, your system is setup "perfectly" for ISPConfig :)

I guess your autoresponder is working, but you tested it several times from the same email address. The autoresponder sends an message only once to each email address to avoid loops and problems with mailinglists.

3. jockstrap

jockstrap New Member

OMFG!!!!! Do you know how much time I wasted trying to work this out! Wish I knew this earlier... lol.... guess that explains why it worked sometimes... onetime was from a gmail account i tried for the first time...

How long does it "remember" the mail account.... ?

ie: I might set the autoresponder today, then off tomorrow then on the next day! Then it might not work the second time.... Hopefully it's just 24hrs...

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not sure how long this value is stored, I will check that.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

There is a bug that .vacation.cache isn't deleted when the autoresponder message cis changed or when the autoresponder is turned on/off. I've fixed this last night, it will be available in the next release. :)