debian 8 + ispconfig 3.1b2 + php 7.0.7 + php-fpm = error 500

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by cassola-enterprises, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hi,
    the combination gives me an internal server error (when trying to open a script like eg. wordpress).
    With fast-cgi it works.
    What could be the problem or the fix?

Thanks! :)

2. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Start first with more info e.g logfiles and the steps you do

3. The logfile doesn't say anything regarding the error.
    I install wordpress with aps and when accessing it with php 7.0.7 + php-fpm I get an internal server error.
    If I knew more I would share it or try to fix it first of all.

4. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

If you get a 500 internal error you must have a error in your error log. It might be in the default apache error log instead of your site error log.

Without knowing any error it might has todo with .htaccess or a wrong plugin/theme.
    Is a normal php file working in our setup? Test that first.

5. It works fine in fast-cgi mode.
    Also the installer.php from the wordpress druplicator plugin worked perfectly.

6. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

In that case:
    1. Backup your database
    2. Backup you theme
    3. Remove all the files in your ftp dir
    4. Upload the new wordpress
    5. See if it works so (make sure you upload your old wp-config.php) otherwise do a fresh install
    Good luck

7. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Btw some plugins or old wordpress might be not work with php7. Make sure you always have uptodated software

8. Thanks for your help so far!

After some googling I localized the apache error log via ssh, here the content:
    https://1drv.ms/t/s!Aopz9FqhqmQSlFpThRmIIvJXNwjg
    Have a look please.

(The fresh install doesn't work as I tried with APS manager and a completely new website.)

9. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Sorry this log doesnt say anything. Please post the url of the site here and more error log. Please send error log of the website

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the error.log of the website, as ruliezz pointed out, there must be an error message for a 500 error in that file. What you posted is the global error.log from apache, what we need is the error.log of the website which is in the log directory of the website.

ruliezz likes this.
  11. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Is your php fastcgi process running? If so, what is your config file and what is the outcomes of:
    netstat -tulpen

12. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Please send the outcomes of:
    ps aux | grep php

13. Thank you!
    I wrote the outputs in the same txt file that is linked above.

14. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Fastcgi for web5 (the site what gives errors in your log) is not running.

15. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The php-fpm is not reachable for this site. Debian 8 has no PHP 7 by default, how did you install the php 7?

16. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

So far I can see Till he complie by it self because the php is loaded from /opt

17. I used the howtoforge tutorial to compile and install php 7.0.7.

18. ruliezz

ruliezz Member

Link?