Debian - Apache Cluster with Squirrelmail Help..

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by AlyK, Jan 31, 2008.

1. AlyK

AlyK New Member

I recent followed the Debian (haproxy) HA cluster with Fail over and sessions support.. I am trying to get squirrelmail working over the cluster. The source is being read be either web server from a single NFS share on the mail server. each web server has a squirrelmail configuration (that points to the mail server) file and i am able to properly access and get to the login page, but once i supply my credentials and i attempt to login and the load balancer switches me to the other web server and it doesn't carry my session and gives me an error as expected stating "You must login to view this page". Also if i fail one web server, as expect again it works just fine.

Can anyone advise on a solution? or point me in the right direction. Also if I am not addressing the correct issue any help would be appreciated.

2. athlon_crazy

athlon_crazy New Member

Perhaps because your cluster file system is not cluster aware. Even it's point you to d other web server, you should get the session from the previous web server as well. Did you try doing it with drbd?

3. AlyK

AlyK New Member

No i have not tried that, but that is a good thought.
    I will try that and let you know. Thanks