Debian Etch Install Request...

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by new_user, Apr 30, 2007.

1. new_user

new_user New Member

Is there any chance that some could do a proftp / php5 / apache2 / Secure Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL5 for Debian Etch like the old sarge one. I dont need bind or quota but some sort of virus and spam protection would be superb.... Getting desperate and guessing that its really a copy paste from many other how to's but not sure.

I would really apprecate it.

Tim

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'll write one soon.

For now, you can use this one: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier_ubuntu_edgy
    with these small changes:

3. new_user

new_user New Member

Thanks for that !

I'm just having a look now and got a few questions...

In the above
    points 1) & 2) above I'm not entirley sure what you mean what should i be doing with section 3 of the howto ??

and in 3) above
    should I be removing any lines in the files that start
    query=
    table=
    select_field=
    where_field=
    ?

And going back to the original howto the 6 files you create did you have to swap user = mail_admin & password = mail_admin_password for your own username, password or leave how they where.

Sorry to be a pain I'm desperate to get this server built and I'm bumbling through howto's.... Thank you for all your work !!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That was an email I received from a user; I haven't tried this, so I don't know how/if this works.

Yes, you must replace the username and password.