debug backup job process

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pinkfeet, Sep 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi!,
    My backup folder is a mountpoint; for my surprise today i've discovered the backups are not working from 10 days ago. In this server the debug mode is on from two months ago but i cannot find information of the last backup process in ispconfig.log and neither in cron.log.

Could you tell me where i can find information about the last backup process please ?

Thanks,
    Regards

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

are you using the mount script or are you trying to permanently mount the backup space?

3. pinkfeet

Hi Florian, thanks for you reply.

I'm using the mount script, i think it is backup_dir_mount.sh; if that script is launched from shell, the remote directory is mounted correctly, in fact, the /var/backup folder shows the remote content as normal when i discovered this problem.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I found several debugging backups treads using Internet Search Engines with
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com debug backup process

5. pinkfeet

Thanks Taleman!!, sometimes we forget to search as first step :)
    It seems Till responded yet to other user the backup process can be manually launched with the following command:

php /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_debug.php --cronjob=500-backup.inc.php

In my case, if i the root execute that command, the process is fine, the webs seem be backuped as normally. I'm wondering if it will do in the next cron run. I'll see soon :)

Do you know if it's possible to change the zip compression level from ISPConfig ? I've changed it in 500-backup.inc.php manually.

Thanks a lot,

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's not possible, editing the source is the only way to do it.