Default downlaod location, direct copy

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Quaxth, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I've a maybe simple question: The default download location using wget in Debian 7.x is it the folder root?
    If I copy using WinSCP binary files or .deb files from my desktop to that folder could I use them with the normal command like chmod, dpkg, cp, echo etc. etc. for the required actions?

Thanks for any info.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. The defaukt dowload location of wget in any Linux Distribution is the folder were you are currently.

3. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, understood, that's why the folder were root because I was on the root!!

What's about the command etc. I asked?

Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The method you used to copy a file to your server does not matter for the commands that you use later to move / copy / edit the file. So yes, you can do evrything you want with a file that you uploaded with winscp.

5. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

By the way, suHOSIN isn't installed on ISPConfig. IU tested on my main server and the test server I run also now. Time to get Softaculous to setup.

Also rechecked about the URL fro downloads from your server. There must be some problem other the Name/DNS Server!! I could open ispconfig.org on browser but the download! The download work wit the IP only. Tested on 4 different ISP's today as well as on Google Nameserver's.