default index.html copy after an user update

Discussion in 'General' started by the_spy, May 20, 2007.

1. the_spy

the_spy New Member

with the stable version 2.2.12 on debian etch,

I have just updated (as admin) the quota of one user, and I saw that the default index.html as been copied to the web folder of the website of this user with this update.

Code:
    [...]
    20.05.2007 - 10:16:16 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 1066: cp -fr /root/ispconfig/isp/standard_index.html_fr /var/www/web35/web/index.html
    20.05.2007 - 10:16:16 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 257: setquota -g web35 8192000 8193024 0 0 -a &> /dev/null
    20.05.2007 - 10:16:16 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 258: setquota -T -g web35 604800 604800 -a &> /dev/null
    [...]
    I'm not sure why it's doing this ? It could break an online site with a wrong index file.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The default index file is copied if your website does not have any index file at all. e.g. index.html or index.php or index.pl or similar. You can set the list of valid directory index pages on the options tab of the website.

3. the_spy

the_spy New Member

Yes but for this site, the Options Indexes is used and there is no need of an index.html file.

Ispconfig add this default index file when the website is created and of course it's normal, but then it should not change or add something in the website for a quota change or a password change.

4. till

ISPConfig is working exactly as I described above, add you index file to the list if you do not want that ISPConfig copies the file again. This is the intended behaviour in ISPConfig and it is not a bug and we will not change this.

5. the_spy

the_spy New Member

ok but if I do not have an index file since I only want to use the default directory listing of apache with Options Indexes in the .htaccess ? May be ISPConfig could try to detect this before putting the default index.html file again.

I have tried to remove everything in the "DirectoryIndex" field but it does not change.

Thanks

6. till

Ok, I will see if we can detect this in a reliable way.