Deleting all NS Zones

Discussion in 'General' started by pyte, Jul 1, 2022.

1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi!
    As i migrate our whole NS setup with around 1500 zones i am doing some testing. Everything went soomth so far
    and i fixed a few things here and there, but it is working mostly right now. However for a full test i imported all
    1500 Zones which worked fine, 30 Zones with errors but nothing painfull. My script for importing dosen't check
    if the entries of the zones have changed, so i need to delete all 1500 zones within ISPConfig now and make the
    live migration within our maintaince window. What is the best way to do this? Deleting them via API, directly in the database
    or manually through the ispconfig panel(tbh that's going to be painful :p)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I would delete them in the database (tables dns_soa and dns_rr) and then delete the zone files and remove the content from named.conf.local.

pyte likes this.
  3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank you for the fast response. Can i simple just "DELETE FROM dns_soa, dns_rr;" or is there anything that i have to keep that is not related to the zonefiles i've created?

BTW: is there like a active IRC Channel or Matrix or something for ISPConfig to ask these questions?

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That should be possible.

No, there's currently no IRC channel.