Developing a Puppet Module

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by oakleeman, Feb 27, 2017.

1. oakleeman

oakleeman New Member

@till
    Not sure if you remember me but I wrote a custom CentOS/ISPConfig Install ISO back in 2006-7 or so. We still use ISPConfig on one of our servers but have been managing it by hand. I am in the process of trying to puppetize our entire infrastructure and want to write a puppet module based upon the roles/profiles strategy.

I just spent the day writing a first draft and have ran into some issues with a few things such as:
    • still being prompted for some values in the expert install even though they are specifically declared in the autoinstall.ini file.
    • getting "duplicate listen options" in the nginx site configs for the IPV6 settings.
    • Being forced to only have "NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" for sql_mode in the my.cnf file even though I have it specified in "ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" which is what I had to use with Percona MySQL 5.7 in order to export/import Wordpress databases from our DEV server.
    Will upload the module to a public repo once I have it a bit more polished but would at least like to get the autoinstall.ini issues hashed out first if possible. Suggestions?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most of that should be solved already in stable-3.1 branch or git master.

3. oakleeman

oakleeman New Member

@till

Thanks for the reply. I've currently set the version parameter to 3.1.2 since sourceforge shows that to be the latest release. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can figure out.