developing server plugins?

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by hcliff, Jul 23, 2010.

1. hcliff

hcliff New Member

I'm having a nightmare developing a plugin/module. The logging just stops working completely =/

Any suggestions on developing? How did you guys do it?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely, you have a syntax error in your php code. Developing and debugging plugins is quite easy when you follow these steps.

1) Run

crontab -e

and comment out the line for the server.sh script.

2) Run the server.sh script manually as root user, so you get also php syntax errors displayed on the shell. run:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

3. hcliff

hcliff New Member

tried that, but nothing, no php errors.

i cant figure this out, i had it working a couple of days ago and it just stopped.

If I put in any $app->log in the server.php these show in the shell output, but no such luck for logs in the plugin or module

4. till

Which ISPConfig version do you use? The latest trunk from SVN?

Are you sure that the plugin gets loaded? Just add a "echo" statement in the plugin code, you should see the output on the shell when you run the server.sh script manually.

5. hcliff

hcliff New Member

im using the latest stable release, 3.0.2.2

not seeing the echo statements, however the file is symlinked correctly in plugins-enabled and modules-enabled

6. till

Please comment out the line:

ini_set('error_reporting','E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE');

in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php

and try again.

7. hcliff

hcliff New Member

Something with the lockfile screwed up, i think permissions changes related, not sure how this happened. This was stopping the server from running, I deleted the lockfile, wiped the datalog table, reset the servers updated value, and hey presto it worked.

Touch wood, i'll email you my patch for .htaccess password protection by next week

thanks for your help!