Different clients sharing domain names?

Discussion in 'General' started by Loveless, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Loveless

Loveless Member

As I'm migrating stuff from lots of users on other servers to ISPconfig, I bump into this issue;
    Some of the older servers were purely based on local linux users with /etc/shadow passwords and maildirs in their /home/user/ dirs, and some of them shared the same domain names and domain aliases as their @domain for mail. They are supposed to be different clients on my ISPconfig server though. Is this possible?
    [email protected] also often used [email protected], and he logged in using carlos of course. But so did
    [email protected], who also often used [email protected]. Now Carlos and Carol are different Clients on ISPconfig 3.1dev.

Is there still a way to accomplish the domain sharing between them? I searched in the docs, but could not find out how to set this up.

2. Loveless

Loveless Member

OK, color me impressed. I think it works. I was surprised to also find that I can have users pick their own login. So they can still use their first name if there are no doubles on the server. That's brilliant! This makes converting and migrating a lot easier. Thanks for whoever thought of the custom login option!