Different directory for ssh users

Discussion in 'Technical' started by crazysky, May 26, 2015.

1. crazysky

crazysky New Member

After updating to ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p6 directory for ssh logging is different : it was /var/www/site_name/ now it is /var/www/site_name/home/user_name.
    It s reason for fail authorization with ssh key because it search key in /var/www/site_name/.ssh/authorized_keys not in /var/www/site_name/home/user_name/.ssh/authorized_keys as was after updating and where ssh authorization key is locate.
    What directory is correct for ssh users: /var/www/site_name/ or /var/www/site_name/home/user_name/ ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The correct directory is /var/www/site_name/home/user_name/ . The issue with the ssh keays is a know problem and alreyd listed in our bugtracker.

3. crazysky

crazysky New Member

Thanks for quick answer. Can you give me a link of this problem in bugtracker?

4. till

See release notes of the p6 release, there yo find a link to all bugs that got fixed in that release.

5. crazysky

crazysky New Member

6. till

7. cryptic

cryptic Member

SSH user can write to home directory, but the problem is that the .ssh folder and authorized_keys files aren't copied over. I'm seeing this issue on several 3.0.5.4p6 servers.

8. till

There is already a bugreport for that. We will fix it in the next patch release.

9. facconi

facconi New Member

Hi everybody. I am sorry, but I cannot understand why ssh users logs into /var/www/site_name/home/user_name/ and not into /var/www/site_name/.
    How is supposed a user to access to it's private, or web, folder with this configuration? Is it possible to config the behaviour?
    Thanks

10. facconi

facconi New Member

11. till

The homedirectory of a jailkit user is /home/username like any other linux ssh user, so you are in the same directory like a non jailed user. You then type: cd ../../ to go to the root directory of the website.