Different SSL Certificates on differednt sites

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by yohon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. yohon

yohon New Member

Hi All,

I am hosting multiple sites and am using roundcube webmail for remote e-mal access. Several customers would like to purchase there own SSL certificates for signing into roundcube for obvious reasons.

Is there a way to do this in ISPConfig? They do not want the SSL certificate to encompass the whole website but just https://host.mydomain.com/roundcube or another html page that requires secure login. As well, each client wants their own seperate certificate for each of their sites. Is there a specific way for them to set this up?

I know about the SSL option in ISPconfig but it seems that once a certificate is installed it encompasses the whole website. (correct me please if I am wrong).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yohon

2. Ben

Ben ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Ok at first, if you do not use an (expesnive) wildcardcertificate, that won't help much here, you will have to be aware of that the webserver has to differ in port / ip for EACH certificate.
    Means for 10 customers you will have to have 10 different IPs or you move from the standardports which is not very handy or more or less impossible in use with ispconfig.
    As far is I know there are thechniques like "alternate names" parts in certs with that you can define other dns-name for that the certificate is valid but i am not that well informed about that.

Beside that you said the customers want to set up a cert for "another html page". You do not have a cert for an URI, just for an URL / Domain. That means with a certificate for www.yourcustomersdomain.com you can access www.yourcustomersdomain.com/abc as well as www.yourcustomersdomain.com/abc/def... via https.

My suggestion is either to give every customer his own IP or you setup an ssl-proxy, which will be the easiest + cheapest way