Different webmails for each domain?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dmetzinger, Jan 19, 2011.

1. dmetzinger

dmetzinger New Member

Is it possible to have different webmails set up for different domains? domainA.com uses horde, domainB.com used roundcube.

I already have roundcube set up and it is working fine but I would like to enable horde for some domains.

I've seen a few posts from byteme networking where you can choose from three at a main server site. This really isn't what I'm after.

Is it possible to install horde only on domainA.com? and access it via mail.domaina.com If so, can anyone point me to where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Create a new website in ispconfig with the domain name "mail.domaina.com" and then install horde into this website.

3. moglia

moglia New Member

Simple Webmail Workarround.

Look my example:

rc.myispdomain.com -> roundcube
    sq.myispdomain.com -> squirrel

On my dns template i have webmail.clientdomain.ext points to ispconfig machine. CNAME to ispconfig.myispdomain.com

On Site Tab goto alias domain and make a alias for webmail.clientdomain.ext pointing to webmail pre-configured site as you want.

It´s great for me. On the future can be a ispconfig standards. Create webmail on dns automatic points to a pre-defined CNAME and choose a website default to point to webmail too. Simple doing it by alias domain. Just need create more options on panel no database or another things will be modified.

Working as aliases you can modify and set any webmail as you want to all domains. Most of my users use roundcube. Old users like squirrel then users choice your webmail and you have a centred upgrade point. Not necessary make a webmail copies to all domains.

This idea is from my friend Ricardo.

4. dmetzinger

dmetzinger New Member

Excellent,

Thanks for your help everyone.