Digicert Wildcard SSL

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pebkac, May 15, 2015.

1. pebkac

pebkac Member HowtoForge Supporter

We just got a Digicert Wildcard SSL cert. I'm not sure how to create the CSR though? We currently have one with StartSSL but need the wildcard one now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Go to website and the ssl tab, there select *.domainname in the "domain" box, fill out the other fields above and create the csr in ISPConfig.

3. pebkac

Do you happen to know if that will break the current SSL cert there now, by creating another CSR?

4. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Yes, it will overwrite the current one with a self-signed.

5. pebkac

Since I already have a StartSSL cert for this site, and the SSL Request box is already filled out, can I just use that same SSL request for the new Digicert SSL Cert?

--Steve

6. pebkac

I went ahead and had the server create a new CSR (SSL Request). Now I'm at the point I need to install the cert. I have these three options of code to paste into ISPConfig (see attached screenshot), but not sure which they apply to. Also are there any other steps? I have the intermediary cert and the actual SSL cert that I'm not sure where they go.

Thanks for the help.

--Steve

Attached Files:

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Make a backupof all files in the ssl folder of the website (just to be sure).
    2) Copy the server certificate into the ssl certificate field in ispconfig.
    3) Copy the intermediate cert and the root certificate both into the ssl bundle field in ispconfig.
    4) Select "save certificate" as action and then press the save button in ispconfig.