Disable rspamd on server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by clixclix, Aug 28, 2024.

1. clixclix

clixclix Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi, I'd like to completely disable all rspamd filters on a specific mail server.
    I was able to go to https://myserver:8081/rspamd/ and configure high thresholds so that it never triggers any kind of filter action (graylist, subject rewrite, reject, etc)
    However I can see that rspamd continues to introduce useless scanning and logging overhead on the server.
    Is there a clean way to exclude rspamd on a server managed by ISPConfig?
    Thanks, Claudio

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is this server used for email sending and receiving? If yes, then disabling Rspamd is a really bad idea as disabling Rspamd would also mean disabling, e.g., DKIM signing, Virus scans, etc., so the system would no longer be usable as an email server. This means you are basically asking to remove email services from this system by removing Rspamd.

If this system neither sends nor receives emails, you can disable Rspamd and remove it with the other mail system components, like Dovecot. You just have to take care to disable all email-related services in ISPConfig first and then uninstall the email applications except Postfix. Finally, you must clean up the whole Postfix setup to have just some basic settings that allow local processes to use it for sending emails but not receiving or hosting mailboxes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2024
    Th0m likes this.