Disabling Accounts

Discussion in 'General' started by drum, Oct 7, 2006.

1. drum

drum New Member

Is there anyway I can disable a client account and associated web site temporarily, i.e. if your waiting for payment from the client??

2. drum

drum New Member

I've just found suspend and unsuspend a client in the remoting framework, is this what they do??

If so does does this prevent access to everything, i.e Web Site, Emails, FTP MySQL etc??

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can move the client and the associated web sites, email addresses, etc. to the recycle bin.

4. DTGorm

DTGorm New Member

How do you move them to the recycle bin? Will it give website visitors a message about the site is temporarily disbled?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Go to the client settings in ISPConfig. Below the form, there are the buttons "Save", "Cancel", and "Delete". Click on "Delete".
    When a web site is in the recycle bin, it cannot be accessed anymore.

6. DTGorm

DTGorm New Member

Weird, i move a site to the recycle bin and if i go to browse the url, i get ..

This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.

For questions or problems please contact the server administrator.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Is there any way to have a site become disabled and have a custom webpage be displayed?

I have also tried setting the site to say 1 MB transfer max and when it exceeds that, the site stays active... so would i be correct if i said that the Space MB and Traffic MB are set to a certain number, and the Traffic Exceedance is set to suspend, then it reallyl doesnt matter because it doesnt do anything about suspending a site?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats correct, beacsue the site does not exist anymore in the configuration.

no.

The supspend works fine for me. The traffic is calculated nightly and the site is deactivated after the treffic has recalculated.