Disabling Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by alexillsley, Mar 22, 2007.

1. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Hi,
    I wanted to disable sending email for some users in php, I tried what you suggested adding:
    Code:
    php_admin_value disable_functions = 'mail()'
    However this appears not to work, i had a look on php.net and found out that

Code:
    disable_functions string 
    This directive allows you to disable certain functions for security reasons. It takes on a comma-delimited list of function names. disable_functions is not affected by Safe Mode. 

[B]This directive must be set in php.ini For example, you cannot set this in httpd.conf.[/B] 
    Is there way to set this in php.ini that all sites cant use this function accept about 5?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Not that I know...

3. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Ok thanks, Just wondering, is there anyway to stop mail being sent through my server for an email that doesnt exist on it.

e.g say i have account [email protected] on my server, can i make it so that only emails with a "from address" from [email protected] can be sent

4. falko

5. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

6. falko

It must be
    Code:
    smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes

7. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

and all i would do is add this to main.cf and it would make would make senders required to have a email account on my server?

8. falko

Should work, although I haven't tried it in an ISPConfig setup.

9. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Hi,
    I added the line to main.cf and restarted postfix, however it doesnt seem to work, i made a script to send an email in php where the from mail was from an account that did not exists on my server however the mail was still deleiverd:confused: Any ideas whats wrong:confused:

10. falko

Have you tried to use a fake sender address in your email client rather than using a local script?

11. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Just tryed that too, still allows it to send:confused:

12. falko

I'd play around with the smtpd_sender_restrictions parameter then.

13. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Ok thanks, ill have a look