Disabling PHPMyAdmin access from Port 443 using Perfect Server Setup

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by koltz, Jul 3, 2024.

1. koltz

koltz Member

I would like to lock down access to PHPMyAdmin over port 8080 like ISPConfig which I can easily block at the firewall compared to blocking port 443. What are the instructions for removing port 443 access when accessing PHPMyAdmin when using the Ubuntu Perfect Server script installation process?

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

For apache2, it is normally not available / accessible via port 8080, but if it does, simply remove its config from your ispconfig vhost; and in apps vhost for port 8081 and from this directory /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/phpmyadmin.conf for port 443 / 80.

For nginx, remove its config in apps vhost for port 8081; and from your web site nginx directives, if you had added it (for port 443 / 80).

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
  3. koltz

koltz Member

Thank you for your quick reply! It is currently accessible over port 8080 like ispconfig as well as 8081 which I can lock down those ports to only my IP address which is great and what I want. I am not understanding the directions on disabling it over 443/80 as I don't see a reference to either of those in that conf file.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Phpmyadmin on Apache servers is a global alias, this means it exists in all vhosts. Therefore you can not see any port numbers in the phpmyadmin apache config files as its config does not depend on ports.

ahrasis likes this.
  5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I practically left a link on both apache2 and nginx, because my idea was to try to make you understand what you have to do is by basically learning how it was done at the beginning. Unfortunately may be, the link is black on this forum, not differentiated from an underline word, which may not be noticeable sometimes.

For apache2 web server, https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-...stall-phpmyadmin-database-administration-tool - in here, it shows how phpmyadmin was added and activated. You can simply remove the file phpmyadmin.conf in this directory /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/ or you can use a2disconf phpmyadmin command.

For nginx web server, https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-...nd-dovecot-ispconfig-3.1/#-install-phpmyadmin, you should only worry to remove its config, if you have added the phpmyadmin nginx directives, which is the reversal of the steps for enabling it.