displaying Amavis logs

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Jun 13, 2018.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    On one of my servers, I can no longer find it in the file "mail. log " or "syslog " The details of the logs of Amavis.
    displaying Amavis logs in the syslog file
    An idea
    Mz

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Never had that issue yet. Maybe logging for amavis on that server has been turned off by setting a wrong log_level? On Debian and Ubuntu, log_level is configured in /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user file.

M Javier likes this.
  3. misterm

Question Till, because even change this directive, it does not change anything, the OS used, Ubuntu 14.04, if I reinstall the package, there is there a risk of de-functioning or will it go?
    Second question, Postgrey works simultaneously with Amavis, does the problem not come from the?
    Good to You
    Mz

4. till

There should be no problem with reinstalling amavis. Postgrey and amavis are not connected, so this can't be related to postgrey.

5. misterm

So my second question, a simple "apt remove" should suffice I also have to run this command also "apt purge" for that, at the re-installation of the package all seems correct in not forgetting that I have to make a copy of the directory and especially file 50-user
    Thanks Mz

6. till

If you run purge, then all config files will be removed and it will stop working, so don't purge. To reinstall a service you normally use the --reinstall option:

apt-get install --reinstall amavisd-new

7. misterm

Even after re-install, nothing changes, no trace in the logs...

8. misterm

Hello
    After 3 reboot, the logs are not displayed.
    Magic, I restart Rsyslog, the logs in rework...
    Mz