Distinct user filesystem for subdirectory via Apache Alias. Permission issue.

Discussion in 'General' started by Guillaume, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Guillaume

Guillaume New Member

Hi,
    I am using ISPConfig 3 and I have an issue that's blocking me, I hope you can point me in the right direction.
    I have an e-commerce website at xyz.com, I am trying to install a WP blog that will be accessible via the address xyz.com/blog BUT I do not want the blog's files and the website's files to be in the same user directory for security reasons. I created a subdomain blog.xyz.com and in ISPConfig I added an "Alias" Apache directive for /blog to point to the root directory of blog.xyz.com. It's working, PHP scripts are running and database access is fine, however my WordPress blog doesn't have any write access (necessary images, WP updates) to its files.

How can I keep these on the same domain, while keeping their files separate and having a fully functional Wordpress?
    Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I assume blog.xyz.com works fine, with correct write access? Try a reverse proxy connection (so /blog serves from a reverse-proxy connection to blog.xyz.com).

3. Guillaume

Guillaume New Member

Yes blog.xyz.com works fine you're right. I will try the reverse proxy solution thank you!