DKIM for Alias Maildomain is not actually used?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Etcetera, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

I have set up an Alias Maildomain for an existing Maildomain. I have let ISPConfig generate a DKIM key for the Alias domain, too. Now I can use someone@aliasdomain as well as someone@maildomain as the sender of e-mail, but when I use someone@aliasdomain, no DKIM entries are included in the e-mail message headers.

Have I hit upon a bug that needs to be fixed before this will work, or did I miss something?

(I'm using ISPConfig 3.1dev, stable branch, April 2019, in the "Perfect Server" setup for Ubuntu 16.04, Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot)

Cheers,
    Etc

2. Etcetera

Hmmm..... Am I the only one having this problem, or am I the only one trying to use DKIM with an alias mail domain? ;-)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check your dkim config file and double-check that you really activated the amavis key for the aliasdomain and not just generated it, there is an active checkbox.

The Dkim config file on Debian and Ubuntu is:

/etc/amavis/conf.d/60-dkim

It should contain lines like this for the alias and the main domain:

dkim_key('testalias.int', 'default', '/var/lib/amavis/dkim/testalias.int.private');
    dkim_key('test.int', 'default', '/var/lib/amavis/dkim/test.int.private');

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. Etcetera

It turned out everything was properly entered in ISPConfig, every necessary checkbox checked, but nonetheless the alias domain's entry was missing in /etc/amavis/conf.d/60-dkim. Unchecking and re-checking the mark for the alias domain's DKIM activation did the trick...

Thanks,
    Etc

till likes this.