dkim patch on 3.0.5.4p8

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ressel, Nov 20, 2015.

1. ressel

ressel Member

Hello,
    I'm considering to patch my ispconfig with this dkim patch: http://blog.schaal-24.de/ispconfig/dkim-patch-1-0/?lang=en (latest version)
    First, is it safe, by this I mean, any chance it will give my any issues regarding to future updates from ISPConfig.

Second, in a multi server setup, do I patch all servers,or mail + master only, or interface (master) only?

Would you recommend doing this, or wait for the function to be included in stable version?

Im looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats safe, the patch is the backport of the dkim function from ISPConfig 3.1 for ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p8.

Mail and master should be enough.

It is safe, so if you like to use Dkim then install it.

3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you run your own dns, install this patch on the dns-servers, too or alter the database used for ispconfig (dbispconfig) on dns-servers:
    ALTER TABLE `dns_rr` CHANGE `data` `data` TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

4. ressel

ressel Member

Thank you.
    I have run installation, and so far it works as it should.

5. inside83

inside83 Member

Could you please explain:
    I run my own DNS servers (eg. ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com) but DNS servers for domain 'domain.com' are not 'ns1.domain.com' and 'ns2.domain.com'.
    ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com are DNS servers for other domains (not 'domain.com').
    Should I alter the database on ns1.domain.com (witch is a primary DNS server) and ns2.domain.com (secondary DNS server)?

6. florian030

Just alter the database. If you skip this step, dkim-records may fall due to the limitation in the database.

7. inside83

inside83 Member

@florian030
    Thank you for your response.
    I should alter the database both on ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com?

8. florian030

9. inside83

inside83 Member

@florian030
    Thank you again.
    More questions:
    Should I follow this:
    http://blog.schaal-24.de/ispconfig/dkim-patch-1-0/?lang=en
    procedure on ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com AND on server with ISPConfig where 'other-domain.com' is hosted (web and mail) or only on ns.1domain.com and ns2.domain.com?
    If I follow the procedure from the link above, will it install the latest patch (1.1.9)?

10. florian030

If a server runs just as a dns, it´s enough to alter the database

11. inside83

inside83 Member

Thank you for your reply but could you, please, answer my questions?

12. florian030

You can use the setup-guide on every server. But if a server runs dns only, it´s enough to alter the databse on this server.

Just grab the latest version from my blog (wget blog.schaal-24.de/files/dkim-latest_ispconfig3.tar.gz) or git-server (git clone https://git.schaal-24.de/ispconfig/dkim.git).

13. inside83

inside83 Member

14. florian030

Did you alter the database on ns1? Are you running the same ispconfig-version on all servers? Image 1 shows a created dkim-record. You should see the key-pair in the database (mail_domain)

15. inside83

inside83 Member

I altered the database on all 3 servers.
    I said I followed the procedure from the link above on all 3 servers.
    Yes, the same ISPConfig version is all 3 servers, 3.0.5.4 p8.
    The first image is from web/mail server, the second one is from a primary DNS server for a domain hosted on web/mail server.

16. florian030

You are running different interfaces (i.e. not a multi-server setup)?

17. inside83

inside83 Member

Yes.
    All three are single server setup.

18. florian030

If you are running 3 seperated servers, you must install the patch on each server but you can´t see the records from server 1 on 2 and vice versa. Create DKIM on your mail-server and insert the public-key into your dns-servers.

19. inside83

inside83 Member

So I've created DKIM on mail server but how to insert it on my DNS server?

20. florian030

I don´t know why you run three servers as standalone and not as a multiserver-setup. But this is up to you.... create a dns-record type TXT with the content shown for the public dkim-key for the maildomain (or run amavisd-new showkeys)