dkim record update for domains with mail on thirdy party

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Feb 13, 2024.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear,

with ispconfig we know that the dns-dkim record is automatically updated when the dkim is created from the ispconfig itself.
    But, for the customer (that they are configured over ispconfig as normal user, not admin) that they have mail domain configured on thirdy party (with only the dns from us) how can they configure the dkim record?
    I'm asking that because if they try to create a txt record with the thirdy party dkim, the ispconfig stop them and force them to use the dkim button. But on the dkim record, the field are read only.
    So basically the customer in that way can't configure the thirdy party dkim, and they need to ask to us (as administrator) to put the dkim record for them.

There is a way to solve this issue?
    Is that a known issue?
    Thank you

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have no issue with adding a DKIM record as client here. Go to the DNS zone and click on DKIM button:

2024-02-13 15_05_29-ISPConfig.png

Then enter the public key and DKIm selector and press save:

2024-02-13 15_05_57-ISPConfig.png

I was logged in as client and not as admin for that.

3. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thank's. That quite strange, because on my installation both fields (public-key and dkim-selector) are read only

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I found one issue, though now: there is no problem adding a record, but the record can not be changed later; you can just delete it and add a new one. This should be changed indeed.